General Directorate of Financial and Human Resources:
The purpose of this General Directorate is the overall supervision of the financial and accounting affairs as well as financing and investment, in coordination with other connected organs devices. It also the follow up and organize the accounts and the implementation of all planned policies of the accounting, financing and investment aspects. This General Directorate carries out activities all related to the organization and employment of financial and human resources without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing.
Tasks and Functions:
1. Prepare proposals for the financial policy of the Ministry.
2. Prepare financial, accounting, financing and investment bills as well as purchase regulations and issue of bulletins for the financial work in the Ministry.
3. Management the Ministry's financial resources manifested in the fixed and movable assets.
4. Prepare proposals for operational, development and foreign exchange budgets and implement them after approval and in coordination with the competent authorities.
5. Provide opinion and technical advice to the Minister, the undersecretary agent and the various units of the Ministry and with respect to financial policies, laws and regulations.
6. Supervise the accounting work in the ministry and ensure the effectiveness of the accounting systems and procedures.
7. Prepare the final account of the ministry.
8. Monitor the implementation of regulations and financial procedures laid down.
9. Review payments in accordance with the Financial Rules and Regulations and submit them for ratification by the officials.
10. Prepare and review salaries and allowances of the employees of the ministry.
11. Issue the necessary checks for payments and make sure that they are delivered to recipients.
12. Monitor payments according to records, pursuant the approved budgets and review and control the spending items.
13. Receipt of revenues and credit them to the bank account and monitor the accounts concerned according to the revenue sources.
14. Perform financial accounting settlements of the ministry in accordance with the prescribed technical grounds.
15. Monitor the implementation of the budget and spending in the range of approved appropriations.
16. Keep financial records and ensure their completeness, accuracy and processing to periodic review.
17. List and prepare the final accounts and profit and loss account and submit them to the competent authorities.
18. Analyze the accounting data and information and monitor them according to financial regulations and the laws in force.
19. Propose administrative policy for the Ministry and implement it after approval.
20. Supervise the application of laws and regulations established in the field service and training affairs and services.
21. Provide the labor needed to steer work in the ministry.
22. Ensure personnel service records related to after-service benefits with the competent authorities.
23. Implementation of all procedures relating to the affairs of the personnel service and procedures of their after-service benefits.