The creation of the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, as a Ministry specializing in the field of communications and information pursuant to the Presidential Decree No. 22 of year 2010, and then amended to be "Ministry Communications and Information Technology by the Republican Decree No. (32) for the year 2015 to determine presidential, executive and national organs and functions and its priorities .
Ministry's Councils:The ministry formed four councils to help H.E the Minister, as follows:
A / The Minister's Council:
Provides advice in the following matters:
1. The general policy of the Ministry and its area in the public policy of the state.
2. Lead reform and follow-up enforcement of its decisions as well as initiating projects and programs of reform and achievement of improved performance.
3. Ministry's plans and projects.
4. Study the laws and regulations governing the activity of the Ministry's projects.
5. Express an opinion on the topics to be submitted to the Council of Ministers, and think the need for presentation to the Council of Minister.
6. Ratify the ministry's performance reports.
7. Follow-up implementation of the decisions and directives of the Cabinet and the presidential resolutions.
8. Any topics the minister considers to be presented to the Council.
B / Planning Unit:
1. Participate in the development of national strategies with the ministry follows the terms of reference.
2. Ratify the five-year plan and annual plans of the Ministry and the adopt the main projects and programs.
3. Ratify the reports of the five-year plan and annual plans of the Ministry.
C / Undersecretary's Council:
1. Ratify the detailed programs for the implementation of the five-year plan and annual plans at the Headquarters of the Ministry.
2.Mmonitor the implementation of the reform program.
3. Ratify annual and quarterly reports on the progress of implementation of the plan projects.
4.Ratify monthly reports on the performance of departments.
5. Follow-up the efforts of human resources development and the development of the use of technology in business performance..
6. Advise the undersecretary in all matters relating to the development of performance.
D / The Advisory Board of the Ministry:
1. Provide opinion and advice to the Minister with respect to policies, programs and plans that fall under the functions of the Ministry as part of a strategic vision for the future of the Ministry.
2.Evaluate the performance of the Ministry in the light of the approved plans.
3. Provide initiatives that will upgrade the performance and raise the human cadre capabilities.