Laws & Legislations:
Communications is one of the important means in human life, which necessitated the enactment of laws and regulations that organize them and govern their relations. Therefore, we will review a summary of the laws that are relevant to Communications and information technology issued by the Republic of Sudan as follows:
First , Cyber crime for the year Act, 2007:
• Due to the development in the field of Communications and the need to use the media, this Act was issued to put controls and restrictions governing the use of those sites.
• The Act consists of eight chapters, the first chapter deals with the Act title and the scope of its application and interpretation of some of the terms contained in the Act.
• The Act provides for the criminalization of the following acts and in the Articles (4-9) , namely:
1. Enter the sites and information systems owned by a third party.
2. Enter the sites and information systems of a public employee.
3. Eavesdropping, taking or intercepting messages.
4. Enter intentionally sites with a view to obtain security data or information.
5. Turn off, disable or destroy programs, data or information, or obstruction, interference or disable access to the service.
• The spoke about the crimes against the funds, data and communications.
• The Act provides for the offenses relating to public order and morality, as well as including the crimes related to intellectual property and terrorism in addition to the crimes of drugs and human trafficking.
Finally the Act explained the its implementation procedures so that it provides for the establishment of a specialized prosecution and police specialized in cyber crimes as well as for special court for crimes stipulated in this Act.
Second: Electronic Transactions Act, 2007:
• This law came in eight parts containing the title of the Act and the interpretation of some of the terms contained therein.
• The Act is concerned with organizing electronic transactions regarding the method of electronic contracting in terms of advertising, the expression of the will and when electronic contracts are valid and how the issuance of response and acceptance and their receipt.
• The Act provides for the contractual transactions in the case of disposal of the individual will and the legal effect of the digital signature, the extent of its authenticity and the confidentiality of the information and legal effect of electronic records.
• The Act deals with electronic instruments and their susceptibility to be traded and the authenticity of electronic fulfillment and means.
• The Act provides for the establishment of the National Authority for electronic Ratification, its headquarters, supervision thereon, its functions, powers and financial resources.
• The Act also states the penalties to be imposed to whoever breaches the provisions of this Act.
Third: Unified Number Act, 2015:
• This Act deals with the unified number, and its mandatory presence. It also provides for allocation of a unified number and presence of a database.
• The Act speaks about the composition of the Council, supervision thereon, functions and powers.
• The Act also speaks about the formation of a General Secretariat of the Council and speaks about its composition, powers and functions.
• The Act explained the financial resources of the Council and use and how to keep the accounts, books and records.
• The Act mentioned the penalties for breaching the provisions of this Act.
Fourth: Right of Access to Information Act, 2015:
• The Act provides for the establishment of the Commission explained that it has the right of access to information and it has legal personality, contractual capacity and common seal. It described its headquarters and supervision thereon and functions. It explains in its provisions the appointment of Commissioner and his functions, powers and how to appeal his decision.
• The Act gives the right to be informed and get the information, but they are restricted by specific actions and it determines the duration for responding to requests.
• The Act exempts some information to be checked out and get them.
The Act provides for offenses and penalties imposed on whoever violates the provisions of this Act.